debian and cache server(was: debian)

* Tim Carmean (tecarmea@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> oh yea debian ROCKS!

But of course it does, running unstable is the best. The packaging
system rules(.deb, dependencies, and apt).

For all of you apt people out there, if you set up squid on your machine
you can use my computer(calvin.resnet.mtu.edu) as a sibling. That way if
I update my unstable before you do at any particular time you should
automatically grab the deb's from me rather then the internet, or MTU's
restricted bandwith cache server.

Course that also goes for anyone in general if you so desire. As long as
you aren't using me as a parent I don't mind.

-steve
--
Steven Isaacson <spisaacs@xxxxxxx> http://www.csl.mtu.edu/~spisaacs/
AIM:spi516 "Need to be proud of what you are..." - Echo Image