Re: port scans and X redirection

> In reference to the other post about redirecting X around a router, you
> ought to be able to do that with a few filter rules.  You basically want
> to forward port 6000 inbound from the outside to your internal machine.
> There won't be any way to get a remote X app displayed on the router
> from the outside, but it sounds like you don't want to anyway.  If this
> isn't what you meant, try describing it more specifically... I'm not
> sure what you're looking to make "X -query" do.

My understanding is that you could forward 6001 to the inside machines
port 6000. Then you'd set the $DISPLAY="my.router.box:1" to you inside
box, but you could still run remote X on your router as well. This also
works if you want several computers behind the router to have remote X.

Thanks,
  --Eric Lathrop
    www.Wretchedbliss.net