Re: Meeting Tomorrow

* Adam Shirey (aeshirey@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> >Do we want to have a meeting tomorrow? I haven't heard anyone volunteer
> >to do a presentation yet. We could still meet and go over other
> >business. I for one am up for that.
>
> I'm not the person to present on this, but I'd like to see something on
> recompiling kernels. Three tries and I'm still stuck with an old version.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about compiling kernels except the
debian version of doing things. What distro are you working with? I
could do something about the basic config options. I don't have access
to a laptop which would be very helpfull in making such a presentation.

Sometimes installing the kernel and making everything work is almost as
much fun as compiling the kernel. I have had a fun time getting modules
to load from one version to another.

John, your laptop runs linux doesn't it? Maybe you should bring it to
the meeting tomorrow night and we can put it up on a projector and at
least run though a kernel compile.

-steve
--
Steven Isaacson <spisaacs@xxxxxxx> http://www.csl.mtu.edu/~spisaacs/
AIM:spi516 "Need to be proud of what you are..." - Echo Image