IDEAS!

Last nights meeting was stuffed to the brim with great ideas for the
closing of this year, and the rest of next year. If any one else has any
serious ideas, let us know, we can toss them around. Guys who attended
last nights meeting, if I forget anything let me know. Most of our
discussion was based on having a big event at the end of this year, and
getting more involoved with the freshmen at the begining of next year. We
would like to have "sampler" discussions one night. Presentations about 10
minutes long or so, we could use things already presented. Hopfully
something there would show some intrest. ie NEXTSTEP ;)
	For next year we talked about having a table for K-Day, which I
htink is a great idea. Have some "linux" teams to play the games there.
Hand out distros on CDs and some fliers.
	T-Shirts!! No better advertisment! I have an iron on made, and I
should have a picture of it on the web site. Once I do ill send it out to
the list, and try and get some feed back on the design.
	Advertisemnt, when we do something big, we should let the capmus
know, like the sampler discussion. Make table tents, fliers, post on the
EDS. Hell even have the Daily Bull post something.
	Hmm..... what else. Money!!!! We are going to be moving the MTULUG
server to the CEC. RIght now the MTULUG FTP is residing on a students
computer. We were pondering on ways to get some data storage for it, so we
can start on our quest(if you will) to have an MTU mirror. A few things
popped up for raising money. First, donations. If everyone chipped in 5$,
we could put a 40gig in there easily, or even parts, if some one has a
10giger laying around we could use it. Second, have a gear
swap/trade/sell, with all proceeds going to the MTULUG. :) Next,
advertise, ask people for donations(computer parts, or hell even cash ;) )
and put together a computer to sell.
	Hrm, well if you guys think of anyhting else please let us know.

AND if anyone wants to present on something please let me know, or if
someone even has an idea of something to do that would be great.

Thanks,

-Dan