Re: ARG!

* Jeevan V. Savant (jvsavant@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was talking to Dr. Philip Merkey, a CS faculty at MTU. He was previously
> with NASA and was involved in building the early Beowulf clusters. He also
> got the 128 node Beowulf cluster to MTU.
>
> He wanted to know if the MTU LUG is in need of a faculty advisor. He is
> willing to be one if there is such a need. I think (not sure) that a
> student organization on campus needs one faculty advisor.

As far as I know the LUG needs a faculty advisor as John Duff is no
longer teaching here at Tech. I think it would be great to have anyone
as an advisor and continue to be an official club.

> He is also ready to supply a machine as a LUG server in CEC, in place of
> the current machine supplied by LUG.

That would be appreciated also since we were going to have to pay for
to get the LUG machine up and running in the CEC. As far as I know the
process to get the LUG machine running has been initiated.

Our server needs to be able to host our domains(ssh,irc,ftp,http,email
forwarding) and become a mirror for Linux related programs/distrobutions
as space dicates. Those are the two main functions we wanted the LUG
server to serve.

I am not going to be up at Tech until January but will be an active
member when I return at that time.

-steve
--
Steven Isaacson <spisaacs@xxxxxxx> AIM/Yahoo/MSN:spi516
"All good things will come our way, when tomorrow becomes today" - NASA