Re: Sever and High School Students

* Robert Pastel (rpastel@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I spoke with Phil Merkie today and told him about your server needs;
> just mirror linux distributions.  He promises that either he or cec will
> pay for the contect fee.

That is really cool. Hopefully we can get this setup soon. I have been
waiting for a local linux mirror since I started going to Tech. I doubt
it would make a significant drop in bandwith usage from the Internet but
every little bit helps. :)

We also need to be able to serve our domain mtulug.[org/net/com]. Its a
very undemanding web page.

We also made use of an IRC server. It would be really cool for us to be
able to start up our IRC server again on the CEC computer.

> Phil had a question for you all;  who you consider allowing local high
> school becoming member?

If it would be possible to get HS kids to come to the meetings they are
more then welcome in my eyes. As Dan mentioned since they are not MTU
students they cannot officialy become part of the LUG. We haven't had
any momentous decisions for LUG members yet so let them come. :)

-steve
--
Steven Isaacson http://spi.panaverse.com
<spisaacs@xxxxxxx> AIM/MSN/Yahoo:spi516