Re: vnc

On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 21:59, Robert Hall wrote:
> do you need a ssh server for vnc? i can ssh into other machines but not to
> my computer. so i think i have just a client version of ssh not a server
> version.
> rob

VNC uses its own client/server applications. SSH is separate.

If you want to be able to SSH to your machine, you'll need to install,
or at least run, the daemon - sshd. You'll need to do this as su.

If you want to VNC to your machine, run the VNC server app - vncserver,
maybe? I don't think this has to be run as su. This is also
cross-platform - I had VNC server on my computer (Linux i386) when I was
living up from BK, and I ran the VNC client from the CAEL (Solaris), so
you can use different platforms.

--

-Adam
www.dingostick.com

>From a brochure of a car rental firm in Tokyo:
     When passengers of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn.
     Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still
     obstacles your passage, then tootle him with vigor.