Re: Mandrake Video Drivers

> I'm trying to get Mandrake 9.1 installed, but I can't seem to find the
> correct video driver.  I have a NV 5900 Ultra and a 19 inch monitor.  I
> select the generic geforce fx drivers and they don't work when I run the
> mandrake video test during the install.  Does anyone have any ideas?

First, I've had good luck with nVidia drivers under Debian, but I have
a GeForce2 GTS, so milage may vary.

The driver you should be using out of the box is the 'nv' driver which
will run nVidia cards without 3d acceleration.  After you get that working,
you can switch to nVidia's proprietary by downloading the proper driver
from nVidia, loading nvidia.o into the kernel, and changing the 'nv'
in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to 'nvidia', and restarting X.  You may have
to get you hands dirty as I'm not sure how autonomously the install
script from nVidia works.

Good luck.

Mike