penguicon volunteering info

Here is the volunteering info for Penguicon.  If you volunteer 6 hours
they will do their best to refund your money.  Also you will have access
to the hotel room that is available for volunteers to rest/freshen up
in.

In the forwarded message is a list of the information I need to send in
for the volunteers.  If you would like to volunteer please send me your
info and I'll send in everyone's at once.

I'm planning on volunteering so you won't be alone.

-Mary

Mary Farmer			mcfarmer@xxxxxxx    (906)483-8216
Electrical Engineering		Michigan Technological University
Senior Partner	  		www.me.mtu.edu/cael
CAEL Coordinator
Robotic Systems Enterprise	www.enterprise.mtu.edu/robotics/
Linux Users Group (LUG)		lug.mtu.edu

--- Begin Message ---
Mary,

I'm happy to provide some volunteering information for you while
Lady Sarah is relatively incommunicado.  I'm not sure if its
going to provide what you want though, if you are looking for
information to give to Michigan Tech.  If it doesn't address
what you need, please feel free to write me back directly and
perhaps I can give you something more on target.

One thing that is not in the standard info is that the convention
will be providing a "Penguin Pit", a hotel room where volunteers
can grab a shower, catch a nap, or just pop in to rest.  It will
be open to all convention volunteers.

In any case, here is our standard volunteering info:

Subject: Volunteering for Penguicon

Thanks for your interest in volunteering at Penguicon - we're always
looking for good people!  We have lots of things that need to be done
before, during, or immediately after the convention.  And if you are
willing to donate at least six hours of your time during the con
(less if you do setup or teardown) you can earn a refund on your
registration.  (Refunding registrations for the "penguins" (gophers)
is our first priority, we will do it unless the convention loses so
much money that it is impossible to.)

Also, we are looking for people that are interested in, and qualified
to, participate on panels.  If you are a big-time Science Fiction or
Fantasy fan that has unusual background or access to information that
our attendees would find interesting, or if you are a Linux or Open
Source Programming guru and would like to share some of your skills
with others, then please let us know.  We won't be placing everyone
that volunteers onto a panel, but we're always looking for unique
presenters.  Also, if you can participate on at least three panels,
you'll receive a reduced registration rate, and may also get that
registration refunded if the con has sufficient funds after we
reimburse our penguins.

In order to volunteer, please reply to this e-mail, and give us the
following information:

* Your name
* Your address (including city, state, and zip)
* Your telephone number
* If you have a preference on jobs. (Do you want to work during the
  con, or only before it, or after it for teardown, or can you only
  work on certain con days, etc.)
* Do you have superpowers (or just job experience) that you'd be
  willing to share with us?  (For instance, if you are an graphic
  artist, or a desktop publisher, or own a moving company, or could
  give a Linux related presentation, or other practical things.)
* Have you volunteered at cons before, and what did you do?

Please let me know if this gives you everything you need.

Regards,

Steve Gutterman
Penguicon 2.0 Chair

Message text written by Tracy Worcester