Re: Routing Tables

Jon,

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Jon Klimowicz wrote:
> I am looking for some help on routing tables. I have an OpenBSD box with
> two network cards, rl0 on the outside and rl1 on the inside. When I set it
> up as a dhcp server, my lan machine will get an ip address but after that
> nothing gets through, I just get no route to host errors from both sides.
> I tried a few minor things but they never worked out. If you would like
> more details just ask I will get them for you.
> Thanks,

What are the outputs from these:
/sbin/route -e
/sbin/ifconfig -a

route - Will check your default outgoing interface and mask
ifconfig - will check your network card has an inet dev setup

Have you had this working in the past or is this a new setup?

- Paul Schou
Guardian of Data

<pre>
%{---------------------------------------------------------------------+
 | Paul Schou                                            paulschou.com |
 |   Physics and Mathematics                                           |
 | Michigan Technological University           Houghton, MI 49931, USA |
 |   University Web Designer / Programmer / Databases      www.mtu.edu |
 |   N.I.T.E. President                  www.admin.mtu.edu/stuact/nite |
 |   CAEL Partner - Senior Lab Asst       www.me.mtu.edu/cael/partners |
 |   CCLI Consultant - Lab Asst                    www.hu.mtu.edu/ccli |
 |   Future Truck                                  www.me.mtu.edu/~fcc |
 |   LUG - Linux Users Group (co-founder)                  lug.mtu.edu |
</pre>