Rerolling Slack 10.0 for P4

Hello,

I got a crazy idea to reroll slackware 10.0 completely for P4. I can pretty easily modify the SlackBuild scripts to parameterise arch flags(that's for other archs like athlon etc) and will probably have to write a main compile script since it doesn't seem to be provided with the source distribution. Has anybody ever done anything like this?
Does anyone have any pointers on iso rolling or similar subjects related to building the binary distro at the very least.

Just to avoid more mail I have looked into gentoo and linux from scratch but that's already done. I have particular interest in Slackware.

Thanks,

Dmitry