Re: amd 64

joseph hernandez wrote:

hey,
i decided to try gentoo on my new amd 64 and i was wondering if i should use the live cd or the packaged one.  and is there anything useful i should know or is the install directions on the gentoo website complete.

thank you
joe
I had an amd64 gentoo running just fine following the directions from the gentoo website. However, ultimately I went back to a 32 bit slackware system because lots of the apps aren't meant for 64 bit yet and are poorly hacked and buggy.

Good Luck to you, though. Let me know if things run better now... I might switch back.

Mike