Re: Should Users Bring Monitors?

* Lani R. Meredith (lrmeredi@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> In class today, someone asked whether users who wanted to install Linux
> on their computers should bring their monitors down to the
> Install-a-thon as well.  Does anyone know?

It wouldn't be absolutely necessary to bring a monitor. If you have a 40
lb beast and would have to carry it from the dorms, don't bother.

Linux can be set up to work with any monitor. Of course if we have the
specific monitor that it will be connected to we can make sure it will
go away with the optimal settings.

We should have a few extra monitors that we can use to connect up to
machines. We can make sure of this at the meeting tomorrow.

-steve
--
Steven Isaacson http://spi.panaverse.com
<web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> AIM/MSN/Y!:spi516 Jabber:spi@xxxxxxxxxxx