Re: daemon tools for Linux?

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 04:02:55PM -0500, Matt Hansen wrote:
> I'm running SuSE 9, and I'm wondering if there is a tool similar to Daemon
> Tools for Windows that will run on Linux. I'd like to install some
> software from .iso images without having to burn the CDs.

Linux can use something known as a loopback filesystem for this.
Basically any file on the hard drive can be mounted as a filesystem if
the file contains a filesystem. This include CD images, floppy images,
or even entire hard drive images.

As root try:
mount -o loop cdimage.iso /mnt/cdrom
where /mnt/cdrom is whereever you want it mounted (where the cdrom
normally goes it a good choice)

--
Jon
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!" -- Homer