Re: Ubuntu

Also these drives are for installathon and can not be permanently put in
the server.  They can be used in the server between installathons but
need to come out for installathon.  I guarantee usg won't approve them
if they know they are going in the server.

-Mary

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 14:04, Mary Farmer wrote:
> They are 2 160gig drives, but they aren't the LUG's until tomorrow when
> they get approved in the budget (hopefully).  If usg doesn't approve
> them then then the LUG doesn't get them at all.
>
> -Mary
>
> On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 13:45, Paul Schou wrote:
> > Jon,

> > > I don't see one yet, but various ideas have been tossed around for using
> > > are new hard drive space.
> >
> > How big is our new hard drive?
> >
> > > Ubuntu and Slackware are the top choices right now.
> >
> > - Paul Schou
> > Guardian of Data
> >
> > <pre>
> > %{---------------------------------------------------------------------+
> >  | Paul Schou                                            paulschou.com |
> >  |   Physics and Mathematics                                           |
> >  | Michigan Technological University           Houghton, MI 49931, USA |
> >  |   University Web Designer / Programmer / Databases      www.mtu.edu |
> >  |   N.I.T.E. President                  www.admin.mtu.edu/stuact/nite |
> >  |   CAEL Partner - President & Senior    www.me.mtu.edu/cael/partners |
> >  |   CCLI Consultant - Lab Asst                    www.hu.mtu.edu/ccli |
> >  |   Future Truck                                  www.me.mtu.edu/~fcc |
> >  |   LUG - Linux Users Group (co-founder)                  lug.mtu.edu |
> > </pre>
Mary Farmer			mcfarmer@xxxxxxx    (906)483-8216
Electrical Engineering		Michigan Technological University
Senior Partner	  		www.me.mtu.edu/cael
CAEL Coordinator
Formula SAE
Linux Users Group (LUG)		lug.mtu.edu