Re: freeware partition manager?

To expand on Tim's suggestion, you can also use a Knoppix disk and run
qtparted, it's a GUI for parted.  Be forewarned though, resizing
partitions is not without danger, noteably, sizing down can result in data
loss (happened to me, and I had to reinstall since it was my / partition.

Also, ext3 is not easily resizeable.  You first have to remove the journal
to make it ext2 (google for this) and then you have to resize and create a
new journal.

> thanks for the help guys
>
> this looks like the best tool
> http://www.sysresccd.org/
> downloading the iso now, i'll try to let you know how it works
>
> got it from this page
> http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html
>

> - nate

>> Actually I believe I read of when I was reading Knoppix Hacks by Kyle
>> Rankin. I think there is a hack dedicated to resizing NTFS from Knoppix.
>> I can't remember though and my book is back in Houghton. In any event
>> its a great book and everyone should pick up a copy (shameless plug;).
>>
>> Tim

Kyle Schneider
-
Undergraduate Student: Social Sciences