Re: Thanks for you help and Which Linux is best?

there is no such thing as "the best version" of linux. everyone has things
they look for, and each distro has its good and bad points.
personally, i suggest trying a few different distros and seeing which ones
you like best.
as for automounting, take a look at your /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab files,
the format is straight forward, and since you got the command line mount
to work, you should have no problems with this.

-Scott