Re: Reinstallation vs. Fixing network problem

I had a similar experience (though with audio drivers, which may be of
use to sgelliot).  I converted my wife's machine to Linux-only, but it
required a hard power-down reset to actually clear up the problems.
Best guess is that Windows left the audio system in some wierd state.

Works fine since, but hung up the first few times until I powered it
down (meaning, unplug it too -- ATX, remember).  At any rate, I highly
doubt the problem is with Debian itself, and would stop just short of
staking my life on the claim that reinstalling won't make a diff of
bitterence.

Dave