After install guide sheets

I am looking for information to put on after install guide sheets for
people at the Install-A-Thon. I am looking for any information that
would useful for someone with a fresh install of whatever distro you are
sending me info about. The information I am using right now is how to
install packages, useful config files, and helpful websites. Any
suggestions of items to add are welcome.

-jon
(physcofish)
Gentoo Linux Guide

To Install Packages:
As root: emerge package_name

Useful flags for emerge (used like this: emerge -flag package):
a, lists and then asks to emerge the packages
p, lists packages that would be installed
u, updates packages listed if new version is availabe
D, looks at packages dependecies, often used with u
v, verbose, lists use flags that apply to the package
-sync, updates your portage tree
unmerge, remove the given package
s, searches for the given package

Files: