[Fwd: Pocket pc]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Pocket pc
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:31:02 -0400
From: Pune Daddy <abcoursi@xxxxxxx>
To: tecarmea@xxxxxxx

Hey, how's it going.

Since the install-a-thon I've come to learn linux pretty quickly.
Including learning how to use the terminal and navigate through files.
It's a very sophisticated operating system. So powerful in fact, I've
been searching for the linux programs similar to the windows apps that i
have on the windows partition. It's coming slowly but I'm hoping to
maybe switch to the linux partition I've made and remove windows. Right
now it seems the only big thing that's stopping me is my pocket pc. Now,
I've checked around, and from the looks of it, it's a project that's
just starting out. I didn't know though if there was a definite solution
for that though. I've tryed installing activesync and microsoft office
on linux using cross over office, and it installs, but the pocket pc
can't connect. Maybe it's simply a driver issue and linux doesn't
recognize it. I doubt it though. i'm trying to find a solution to
getting my pocket pc to sync with either evolution mail or outlook, one
or the other. I've also looked into installing linux on my pocket pc,
and that's kind of limited right now too, it looks. Let me know if you
have anything that might help me out, cause once I get this solved, I'm
pretty sure i'll make the switch. Thanks,

-Adam :)

--
Undergraduate Student: Computer Systems Science
Resnet Student Consultant