Re: file size utility

I know how to use "find" to get a list of files I want, but now I need to get the total size of all those files. Do I need to write a script or is there a command to do this in Linux? Again, I need to sum the total size of all the files matching a certain pattern (like *.png) recursively below some directory.

If you want a GUI, you can try out one of these:

http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/jdiskreport/ (Java)
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=9887 (KDE libs required)

You should be able to look at a filetype view in them.
--
Kyle Schneider
Social Sciences - Secondary Education Concentration