Re: Video editing problems

aaron wrote:

Hello LUG,

I recently returned from a 6 week stay in Kenya full of pictures and video. I am also dual booting right now between XP and Ubuntu and am looking for an open source (quality, but free) video editing solution. I would rather find a solution able to run in Ubuntu... hence my request to lug. I downloaded Cinelerra and Kino, but have not been able to figure out how to install them. Synaptic has almost nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions for video editing software and/or installation help. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Aaron Willette

Check out VirtualDub. It seems to be developed primarily for Windows; I don't know if the source code compiles for Linux (never tried it), but it's worth a shot:

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

-Adam
dingostick.com