[lug-l] 2016 NSA Codebreaker Challenge

I found something that I think some of you will enjoy, the National Security Agency has held a code breaking competition for the last few years (2013-2016) and this years competition is still open.
DISCLAIMER: The following is a FICTITIOUS story meant for providing realistic context for the Codebreaker Challenge and is not tied in any way to actual events.

Terrorists have recently developed a new type of remotely controlled Improvised Explosive Device (IED), making it harder for the U.S. Armed Forces to detect and ultimately prevent roadside bomb attacks against troops deployed overseas. The National Security Agency (NSA), in accordance with its support to military operations mission, has been asked to develop capabilities for use against this new threat. This will consist of six tasks of increasing difficulty, with the ultimate goals of being able to disarm the IEDs remotely and permanently render them inoperable without the risk of civilian casualties.

Are YOU up to the challenge?!
The challenge started 2016-09-05 and ends 2016-12-31. The tasks start off relativity easy, but once you get to task 5 the difficulty goes up a few notches -- I spent a week trying to complete task 5 before I realized I was going about it the wrong way. MTU is currently #26/187 on the leader board with just 4 MTU affiliates, I would love to see MTU on the first page.

https://codebreaker.ltsnet.net

Good luck.