[lug-l] REMC Fall Internship Meeting Tonight 9/6/2012

I was asked to forward this information/PDF, thought some of you may be interested

The Regional Educational Media Center #1 (REMC1) is looking for CNSA students as interns this Fall to run their help desk. REMC1 is basically the ISP for ~15 school districts in the area, ranging from running fiber and servers to basic tech support.

I've been an intern there since last spring semester and over the summer, it's a great opportunity for CNSA students to learn about enterprise environments. It gives you a chance to expand and use the skills you've learned in class in a real-world situation.

If you're interested in an internship at REMC1, see the attached PDF on details of the informational meeting TODAY Thursday night 9/6.  Feel free to email me any questions you may have and I'll try my best to answer them. I'll also be at the meeting to talk about my experience at REMC1.  It says they mostly focus on CNSA but I'm sure CSS and others could be taken as well if they can demonstrate the skillset.  The focus is less on programming and more on Windows troubleshooting and scripting.

Thanks everyone

Josh Knight

---
Josh Knight
Undergraduate, Michigan Technological University
Major, Computer Network & Systems Administration
Minor, Electrical Engineering
President, Epsilon Pi Tau - Michigan Tech Chapter
VP of IT Operations, ITOxygen Enterprise
Treasurer, Linux/UNIX Users Group