Re: [lug-l] Reminder: Officer Nominations

Houghton has 4G LTE now?

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 4, 2012, at 9:34, Joshua Knight <jgknight@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Remember to send in your nominations for officers either to lug-l, or to the meeting tomorrow!

You can nominate yourself, or recommend somebody else for nomination. But of course that person should be interested in the position.

-----Original message-----
From: Josh Knight <jgknight@xxxxxxx>
To:
lug-l <lug-l@xxxxxxx>
Sent:
Sun, Apr 1, 2012 23:17:07 EDT
Subject:
Officer Nominations

Officer nominations will take place this upcoming meeting on Thursday April 5th.  Please send in any nominations by email or bring them up at the meeting.

Positions available:
  • President:  The president will preside over meetings. S/he shall organize meeting topics and discussions.
  • Vice President:  The vice president shall assume the duties of the president in his/her absence.
  • Secretary:  The secretary will ensure important topics and discussion are noted as s/he deems fit, ensure the arrangements for a meeting place are secure, take a roster as needed, and keep accurate minutes.
  • Treasurer:  The treasurer shall keep records of all income, expenditures, and other financial matters. S/he will prepare a budget before the end of the spring semester with the assistance of the outgoing treasurer.
  • Server Administrator:  S/he maintains services, security, user authorization, and hardware.
  • Public Relations Officer:  S/he is the liaison between the LUG, the student body, faculty, and administration.
In the case of Server Administrator, while technically under our constitution is an elected position, the position has historically stayed the same person from the previous year.  If anyone is interested in helping with servers, by all means get in contact with Peter, Jake, or myself.  But we will not be electing a new person for this position, for historical and practical reasons.

Voting will take place on Thursday April 12th during the meeting unless we get something up on Involvement Link.  I'll send out an email after we receive all nominations.  Nominations will not be accepted after Thursday April 5th.

We are still looking for a new Advisor for the 2012-2013 school year, please let me know if you know any faculty that may be interested.

---
Josh Knight
Undergraduate, Michigan Technological University
Major, Computer Network & Systems Administration
Minor, Electrical Engineering
President, Linux/UNIX Users Group
Operations Team Member, ITOxygen Enterprise