Fwd: UPCON interest survey

Here's something to think about.  I'm sure a few of us are interested
in going.  We can discuss this at this week's meeting.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Erickson <perickso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 16:39
Subject: UPCON interest survey
To: garmat@xxxxxxxxx

The Unix User Group (UUG) of Northern Michigan University is
organizing a Unix & Programming Conference right here in the UP!
UPCON will be held either February 27 & 28 or March 6 & 7, 2010
(tentatively).

UPCON will consist of two parts.  A daytime portion will be devoted to
workshops, student and faculty presentations, and a keynote/endnote
speaker.  In the evening will be “Insomnia Night,” with simultaneous
tracks of gaming, movies, and programming competition.
Attendees can register for just the daytime portion ($20), "Insomnia
Night" ($10), or both, at a discounted rate ($25).
These prices aren't final, but the overall cost should be no higher than this.

We have a tentative schedule set up, but we will adjust it to suit the
volume of attendees, according to their interests and preferences.  In
order to make this a success, we would love to get some feedback from
you:
 * Are the dates convenient?  Which is preferred?
 * How many from your department or organization would be interested
in attending?
 - For the daytime portion? (approximately noon till 8PM)
 - For the nighttime portion? (approximately 8PM till breakfast)
 * Is there any interest in presenting and/or leading a workshop?
 * What topics would you like to see discussed?
 * What sort of entertainment during Insomnia Night would interest
you the most?

We welcome any suggestions or comments, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Paul Erickson
NMU UUG Secretary
http://csc.nmu.edu/wiki/UPCON