Linux helpf during installathon

Hi,

I saw the posters for the installathon this saturday and was wondering if I brought system down if I could get some help. I have a homebuilt pc that doesn't seem to like linux. I've so far tried installing Ubuntu (9.04,8.04,7.04), Fedora 10, Mandriva 2007, and a few other distribtons and none of them will install. I get an error about not being ACPI compliant and using a busybox shell. I'd really like to install a distro I found called Ultimate Edition and was hoping you guys could help me out.

Just some info on the computer:

mobo: xfx 750a
AMD Phenom X4 9500
Corsair 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (8gb)
9800 gt (2 actually but I never got around to setting up the SLI)

If you need anymore information please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Rich