Re: linux

The ones that were put out by IBM a few years ago were pretty good...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=linux+commercial+ibm&search_type=&aq=f

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon DeVree" <jadevree@xxxxxxx>
To: lug-l@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:05:22 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: linux

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:37:33PM -0400, Mitchell Johnson wrote:
> It uses the 640k "Bill Gates" quote.  I'm disappointed.
> Mitch

I'm disappointed too, it quotes Gates in 2001 as saying:
We think of Linux as a competitor in the student and hobbyist market,
but i really don't think in the commercial market we'll see it in any
significant way."

Instead of when Microsoft admitted this in 1998:
Linux has been deployed in mission critical, commercial environments
with an excellent pool of public testimonials. ... Linux outperforms
many other UNIXes ... Linux is on track to eventually own the x86 UNIX
market ...

--
Jon
"lib64 is a wart on history and should never have been there."