Re: Grub error while installing Ubuntu 9.04 (fwd)

Try http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=224351

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Gowtham <sgowtham@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear LUGgers,

Can one of our Debian/Ubuntu users help this
guy out please?

Thanks,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:45:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ananyo Bandyopadhyay <abandyop@xxxxxxx>
To: sgowtham@xxxxxxx
Subject: Grub error while installing Ubuntu 9.04

Hi Gowtham

My name is Ananyo and I talked to you on the phone about the error I have face while installing Ubuntu 9.04 in my laptop.

I had Ubuntu 8.04 which was not working properly and so I started my other OS which is a Windows Vista and deleted the other partitions that had Ubuntu. Then when I started my computer from hard drive, it showed an error called

 GRUB Loading 1.5, Please wait
 Error 22

I thought that installing a new Ubuntu will solve the problem and I started installing Ubuntu 9.04 from a CD and the installation was proceeding fine but it stopped at 75% with an error and Ubuntu loaded from the CD. I could access internet and other files. Then I restarted my laptop and the same problem is existing when I am trying to boot from the hard drive.

Right now I am running Ubuntu from CD only and not able to start my Windows but I am able to access my Windows files from Ubuntu and thus I know that my Windows is still ok.

I dont know how to solve the grub menu problem. I have tried a lot from different Linux forums, but nothing is working.

Please help.
Thanks and regards
Ananyo