LUG announcements

LUG'ers,

We recently got our bandwidth uncapped so we are 100 mbit full duplex to on and off campus.

We are now official mirrors for Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu and the Ubuntu ISOs, with plans to expand to other distributions now that our bandwidth has been increased.

All of our equipment is in the rack in the CEC, and we just got a new rack mounted UPS that can handle a full 1500VA load for up to 39 minutes. We'll be taking a few pictures and getting some info about the current state of hardware up linked from the main site over the next week or so.

Also, Steve Vormwald is our president for next school year and will be holding occasional meetings over the summer for those of you who may be around. He will let the list know when a time and place has been decided.

If you have any suggestions on things you would like mirrored, please let us know!

I'd also like to thank existing members and alumni for taking their time to make this such a great organization, and I hope to see it continue to do well in the future!

Thanks,
Brian McPherson
(Now) Previous LUG President