Re: About Wine 0.95 install on SuSE 10.1

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:40 AM, <seawolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

      I have been trying to install Wine 0.95 on my linux SuSE 10.1
which has all packages installed except bluetooth stuff and MS network
drives/filing system.  I get an error of not having a couple of LIB
files not installed, but I have not been able to find them in any of my
packages or on the install CDs/DVDs.  Could you help me in finding
them.  Thanks.

      libxcb-xlib.so.0
      libxcb.so.1

According to my search on http://packages.ubuntu.com it is in the libxcb package. It isn't that specific version but you should be able to find the relevant package for SUSE. If you are not using an official SUSE package then you may never be able to resolve the install dependencies. The project home page is http://xcb.freedesktop.org/

   I have a couple of missing LIB files when installing mythTV also.
They are as follows:

      liblber.so.199
      libldap_r.so.199

Those are both OpenLDAP libraries. Again if you are installing unofficial packages then getting dependencies to match up to your specific install of SUSE could be a nightmare. It is always easiest to stick to packages provided by SUSE or packages built for your specific version of SUSE.

hope this helps,
-steve