[Fwd: HTML / JAVASCRIPT QUESTION]

Here is a email I got if anyone can help.

-jon

Subject: HTML / JAVASCRIPT QUESTION
From:    "William Cox" <lavrentios@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:    Thu, October 4, 2007 8:41 am
To:      jmklimow@xxxxxxx

Jon,

As a previous MTU student I know some of the LUG members, from when I lived
in DHH.  Anyways, I have run across an issue and I thought that you or one
of the LUG members might be able to resolve it quickly as it seems fairly
simple.

PROBLEM:

I am trying to create a html file which, when placed in a directory on a
file server (not web server), will:
1) list the files in the file server, sorted by name
2) make the names of these files appear as links within the page so that a
user can easily access the specific file
3) have a means of refreshing so that new files are displayed (metafresh or
javascript?)
4) be able to be run in firefox and internet explorer
5) not require any server-side programming (only use html, javascript, etc).

I currently have a file that will list and sort the files, display the files
and  display them as links.  However this only works with firefox and will
not refresh.  I am trying to test this file with internet explorer 7, but it
doesnt' seem that IE 7 supports javascript very well.  For your convenience,
I will attach the html file to this e-mail and also paste the code into the
body of this e-mail.  If there is someone else whom you think might be able
to help please feel free to forward this to them as well.

Thank you in advance for your help,

William

HTML FILE AS FOLLOWS:

<head>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
var myloc = window.location.href;
var locarray = myloc.split("/");
delete locarray[(locarray.length-1)];
var arraytext = locarray.join("/");
//  End -->
</script>

</head>

Get a FREE Web site and more from Microsoft Office Live Small Business!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0930004958mrt/direct/01/
ÿþ<