Server Woes and Donations

All,

In light of the recent server problems I pondered over how we could go
about resolving them a bit faster.

As far as I know we don't have an official way of making donations to the
group. If that isn't the case please stop reading here and correct me. If
not I was wondering if it could be added to an agenda. It would be nice to
have an official way of donating money/hardware/whatever. I think it would
be great if something is established then the information could be added
to the website. What would be really cool is if we could setup something
like a newegg account for server hardware. This account could be
controlled by the server admin and they could update it with things that
people could just buy and have shipped directly to the lug. It would also
be cool to get something setup to just donate money to fund whatever the
lug needs that USG won't provision for (I know we kinda sorta have dues
but more money can't hurt rigvht?). It would be really excellent if when
we donated to that "fund" it would count as a tax writeoff.

Let me know if this seems like a good idea.

Tim