IR camera

I know this is something that people on these lists have played with
before...  I was wondering who has experience removing the IR filter
from their webcam?  I know freshman has the IR digital camera, but I'm
more looking to alter my webcam or maybe borrow an altered one (for a
day or two) for an in class demo that I'm supposed to do this thursday.

mostly I'd just like to hear from someone that's done it if they thought
it was easy or if it destroyed their cam and how easy it was to reverse.

-Christian