Re: Anyone interested in a blog?

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 02:53:16PM -0600, Brian McPherson wrote:
> This is absolutely a bad idea to do. It makes LUG partially responsible
> for the content that is posted. The Planet RSS thing that LUG has is
> about as far as I think we should go to allowing anyone to have user
> content on LUG.

You mean like the Wiki, forums, mailing list, irc, etc.?

> I do not want to see LUG in trouble as an organization because of
> someone being reckless; regardless of it being a member, or just some
> random student.

We can easily trace any student who asks for an account for posting
access. Just require an MTU email address to get an account for the
blog. Since they are MTU students and we know who they all are, we can
just hand student affairs that info if anyone pulls any shit.

Not that I think LUG needs to become the blog service of the university.
I'm just having fun countering your points.

> (My apologies for getting this twice, forgot to change the sender, then
> it took what I wrote out)

I was wondering about that...
--
Jon
"RISC architecture is gonna change everything." -Kate Libby