Re: Cybersquatters?

> I was wondering if anyone here has had to deal with cybersquatters and had
> to retrieve a domain that someone was squatting on. If so how did you go
> about retrieving the domain?
>
> -Anthony

In my cases so far, I've just been able to wait for the domain to expire, then grabbed it once ICANN dropped the
registration. It can take anywhere from 45 - 90 days after the actual expiration for ICANN to drop the registration.

Other than that, you don't have much choice besides trying to find if it's being sold somewhere. In certian cases, an
appeal to ICANN could possibly get you the domain, but I doubt that a single entity would be able to pull this off.

'Backordering' a domain that is already registered can be a pain in the ass if you go with the wrong company, and even
then it doesn't guarantee your reciept of the Domain once it expires. Others can bid on it, and you could end up
outbid.

That's all the advice I can think of right now.

-Brian McPherson.