Re: OpenOffice Templates

Having never used Microsoft Office (alright, not since like, Office '95)
I'm not sure what you want it on par with.

http://documentation.openoffice.org/Samples_Templates/User/template/

Is a bunch.

http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/downloads/english/

Is more.

And according to:  http://www.getopenoffice.org/templates.html

"If you have Microsoft Word templates, for instance, just open them in
OpenOffice.org. (Choose File > Open, then find the Word file.)"

Anytime.  Google Search is your friend.
-Nick