Gentoo Grub Problems.

I am currently trying to install Gentoo on one of my systems.
Everything appeared to go well until I rebooted. The system boots to grub
but just goes to the grub prompt.

The install is on my second harddrive in the system. The BIOS is set to
boot to the first harddrive.

I have the grub.conf setup to (hd1, 0) but still it just stalls. I have
tried setting the BIOS to boot to my second harddrive but it doesn't load
the splash screen, it just goes to a blank screen. If I hit enter it will
print out "Error 11".  I have searched the Gentoo forums but can't seem to
find a solution. My grub.conf also reflects (hd1,0) where it needs to be.
I have also double checked my spelling to make sure all my spelling was
correct for the kernel image.

The /boot partition is running reiserfs. I added the option in grub for
reiserfs but still doesn't seem to help.

If I boot to the grub prompt and enter the commands:
root (hd1,0)
---> Filesystem type is reiserfs, partition type 0x83 (primary)
setup (hd1)
---> Running "install.....
.....succeeded

I am not sure why I cannot boot to this drive. Any help would be appreciated.

-Anthony