Job Posting

Hello all,

Here is a job posting my Ph.D. adviser, Raymond Shaw, asked me to get the word out on.

Raymond Shaw in The Cloud Physics Research Group has need of an approximately 5 hours a week sysadmin beginning immediately. The chief duty is maintaining about 20 systems. They are mostly Debian and Ubuntu Linux and include a few Windows machines. Maintaining includes configuring networks, firewalls, maintaining file servers, a small cluster, backing up data, and maintaining and upgrading hardware. Linux experience required. Other experience in maintaining clusters, upgrading hardware desirable. Pay begins at $8/hour and is commensurate with experience and performance. Flexible hours, sometimes remote work is fine, but reliability is a must. Interested persons should email a resume and detailed description of Linux and hardware experience to jpfugal@xxxxxxx.