MBR corrupt

Doing some tech support for my cousin who is dual booting Windows/Ubuntu,
and his primary harddrive IBM deskstar (deathstar) crashed with a bad MBR.
 Used some programs to recovery most of the data, (it is the windows
drive).  Now assuming that the primary drive has the recovered data, a
corrupt MBR and is hda1 and contains a working windows install, and that
the never changed working Ubuntu install is on a different drive say hdb1,
what procedure can I use in say knoppix to restore GRUB to the MBR?

Thanks,
Dan