DV Editing

I need some guidance. I'm considering upgrading my Grandfather's Computer (and his DV Editing setup). Unfortunately he is running Windows (ugh -> gasp, choke, oh no) 2k, and I'm probably not allowed to change that. However, I'd like some guidance as far as good DV editing programs go. It should be able to capture directly from his Sony DV cam (via firewire), edit, and record directly to DVD (Dual Layer compatibility would be a plus).

Thanks in advance,
Dan Sauer