Re: having problems with Linux init process

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 07:28:57PM -0400, Kyle Schneider wrote:
> akmccart@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >I was told that lug could help me with any linux problems I had...well
> >here's one for you.
> >
> >I am trying to start a computer that is using Linux Red Hat, but it finish
> >going through the init process.  It freezes up and can't sign in to use
> >the computer.  It will going go so far and stop where is says
> >"..../rc.sysinit 39 Segmatation Fault ...."

If init is segfaulting we are going to have to try some more advanced
tricks. I recommend starting with adding 'init=/bin/sh' after the boot
command in the boot loader. This is just like how you would put 'single'
on the line for single user mode (see kyle's email)

If you want help one of us can come check it out. Init shouldn't be
dying like this.

--
Jon