Re: New sound card

Matt Hansen wrote:
I ended up deciding on a Sound Blaster Live 24 bit card. It only set me
back $20. I've not been able to get it to play though. Alsa-project.org
says it's supported with CA0106. I've tried fresh installs of Debian
Sarge, Fedora Core 4, SuSE 9.3 Pro, and Knoppix 3.9, and all have
correctly detected the card and the driver it should use. None have worked
out of the box, even though I installed 2.6 kernels and ALSA. I tried
tinkering with all of them, starting with alsamixer, and proceding through
reinstalling ALSA following these directions:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Creative+Labs&card=Sound+Blaster+Live+7.1.&chip=SB0410%2C+P17&module=ca0106
. I've checked all the obvious things (cables, power, etc), I know the
speakers work, and I've tried different PCI slots in my computer
(including one that my old Sound Blaster Live Value worked in under
Windows and SuSE 9.0 with a 2.4 kernel). Does anyone have an idea as to
what I'm missing here? I'd prefer to get it working in either Debian or
Fedora Core 4. Thanks,

Matt Hansen
Electrical Engineering and Physics
Aerospace Enterprise - GNC Team Leader

there is some sort of mute that is on by default in some cards, maybe thats causing a problem

-Scott