From MTU LUG wiki
The Linux Users Group of Michigan Tech offer a wide range of various useful Services that students on campus can take advantage of
LUG hosts many mirrors and is normally ranked one of the top 10 mirrors for each distribution. Some of the more popular mirrors that LUG hosts are:
A complete list can be found at http://lug.mtu.edu/mirrors.php
LUG also hosts an IRC server for facilating that rapid comunication between its members, for various task that range from problem solving, trouble shotting, to tossing the bull around.
There are several IRC clients out there in the world
It would rock to get a list of channels and their uses I'll include some that I know, and there uses for the final draft we should leave some out
- #mtu General discussion for both student and alumni.
- #linux General Linux discussion, and help
- #beginners A place for newer people to Linux to hang out and get help. (Will have to ask Lego or ehntoo to be sure)
- #MTUstudents General discussion for current MTU students.
- #botsex For letting bots talk to each other in an attempt to being down the IRC server
- #ballpit "We're adults now, so it's our turn to decide what that means." No adults allowed ;)
- #prfc This channel is for PFCR members to let loose and talk about anything and everything science/PFRC related.
- I'm not sure what the alumni channel is called anymore, they changed it.
I know nothing about this, we have it. Jabber
LugRadio Expand this
We install, teach, and attempt to help with Linux, once every Fall and Spring semester.