Shell Server Rules
From MTU LUG wiki
Revision as of 03:12, 24 November 2010 by Ynucuva
Rules for use of sekhmet, the LUG shell server:
- Your initial password will be set to expire immediately on first login, use a decent password for this account.
- Follow all MTU Computer (and Network) Use Policies -- if it is against the school rules, do not do it.
- Do not piss off the server admin -- admins are our friends.
- Be courteous with use -- high-resource use is OK, but moderate it so others get a share.
- Keep only volatile data on sekhmet -- no backups are made, and data may be lost at any time.
- Keep your home directory tidy -- a 36GB drive is dedicated to /home, and quotas will be instated if needed.
- Compiling stuff for your own use is OK, but it is better if we can get it from a repo -- if you want software installed, ask an admin.