Re: gnome menus

You are talking about the Applications menu correct?  Well here is how I
do it (at least as a user, I've never modified the global settings, I
only use a windows manager as my user):

1) Double Click on Start Here
2) Double Click on Applications
3) Add what you want here and in the sub directories
4) Restart gnome-panel (i use pkill gnome-panel and it restarts itself)

That is all I do and stuff shows up.  That is probably not exactly what
you are looking for but maybe it will help.

-Mary

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 16:25, Michael Smith wrote:
> I'm having a bit of trouble adding items to my menu in gnome 2.6.  I
> added items by using the nautilus interface as described in the gnome
> user guide here:
> http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/latest/menustructure-2.html
>
> The items I added are in the config files, but they don't show up when I
> log in as a normal user.  They do show up when I log in as root, however.
>
> I'm running slackware-current on an x86 system.  If anyone has any
> ideas, they would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Smith
Mary Farmer			mcfarmer@xxxxxxx    (906)483-8216
Electrical Engineering		Michigan Technological University
Senior Partner	  		www.me.mtu.edu/cael
CAEL Coordinator
Robotic Systems Enterprise	www.enterprise.mtu.edu/robotics/
Linux Users Group (LUG)		lug.mtu.edu