Re: install-a-thon

Steven Isaacson wrote:
* Tim Carmean (tecarmea@xxxxxxx) wrote:

Steven Isaacson wrote:

We now have the MUB Commons reserved for October 23rd from 12pm-6pm for
the install-a-thon, with setup time from 11-12.

I also requested a projector screen for presentations.

Ok cool. I'm going to pop that in my calander. What do we have on the presentation front? I'm willing to do something with Project Utopia, and hopefully by then I'll have X.org X-Server running and can talk about that a little. I think I could probably talk for an hour on Project Utopia and Linux on the Desktop related things. Anyone else have any presentations they want to give?

I don't think anyone else has mentioned that they have a presentation
ready. Maybe someone else will have a presentation/demonstration, it
shouldn't be that hard to put together a quick demonstration.

-steve
--
Steven Isaacson http://spi.panaverse.com
<web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> AIM/MSN/Y!:spi516 Jabber:spi@xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm going to have to make up slides and stuff still but I think we should try to stick to pertinent things that new users would want to know. Stuff like OpenOffice and k3b and whatnot. Linux utilities to accomplish the same tasks that they are used to in windows/macos/whatever...

Tim
--
Undergraduate Student: Computer Systems Science
Resnet Student Consultant