Re: [lug-l] Re: lug-l list and meeting information

>  xserver-xorg-core conflicts with xserver-xorg-video-5
Not sure what Ubuntu thinks it's doing with that xorg-video-5, but it
looks like that driver you have there is intended for X11R7.5, which
was superseded in late 2010, and wouldn't work even if you could get
that package to install.

I think the driver you'll need is just 'sis' (the package in Arch
seems to be xf86-video-sis), but I don't know what that maps to in
Ubuntu naming-conventions.  Your best option is probably just to stop
by our meeting this week, since it should be faster to experiment
directly with your system.

--
Peter Marheine
Michigan Technological University