Re: Mythbuntu

What are you using for the output video card? I remember when I was running an old ati, I was able to configure xorg with 'dpkg --reconfigure etc/x11/xorg.conf' I don't know if this works in the current version of Ubuntu however.

Dan Sauer wrote:
So I took the plunge, and tried to set up a tivo using Mythbuntu. Everything went great during the install and it works now, except for two problems. First, my LCD HDTV is capable of wide screen 1280x768, but for some reason the only thing that is available is 1024x768. I've tried with both HDMI and VGA out and nothing seems to work. I've tried a bunch of manual configurations of /etc/X11/xorg.conf and occasionally I can get a wide screen, but then the myth frontend will be wide aspect ratio but only in the upper left (fills about 75% of the screen with empty bars around the right and bottom edges). Also when I do so, the text in the menus and terminals in the default GUI are extremely small. I would like to get this to work over HDMI, since I can route that directly to the receiver and have the receiver strip off the audio before sending it to the TV. This brings us to problem #2, namely no sound over HDMI.

Does anyone have any suggestions for either of these? BTW, I've spent three nights now googling for the answers to the resolution stuff. To the best of my knowledge there is no easy command line fix whereby a resolution and refresh rate can be entered or a myth frontend size configured (it would be so much easier if it were). I'm running Mythbuntu 9.10.

Thanks & Best regards,
Dan