Re: CUPS

Dan Sauer wrote:
> Trying to recover from a corrupted FAT table, which lost all of my home
> directory and settings, etc, I'm trying to configure CUPS to use my
> dp-300u d-link print server.  Supposedly linux compatable, (I was using it
> pre-crash, np) it just doesn't seem to work anymore.  Can someone point me
> in the right direction?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dan Sauer

First off I'll assume the printer thats actually connected to this thing
works when printing to the thing from other machines? It appears that
the print server emulates Jet-Direct, so I think you should be able to
point cups to the ip of the print server using the Jet-Direct port
(9100?) and using the printer driver for the actual printer thats
attached to the print server (eg: for HP printers use the hpijs driver).
I need a little bit more information about your setup if this
information isn't helpful.

Tim
--
Undergraduate Student: Computer Systems Science
Resnet Student Consultant